My Senegals laid an egg!!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by duckncover, Nov 21, 2010.

1. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    Last year I rescued a pair of senegal parrots that were going to be given to the shelter. The male is missing feathers from his head from a fight with a bigger bird. I had him checked out and he's health but I doubt the feathers will grow back. I named them Buzz and Maggie. The lady told me they are male and female and that they have had babies before usually during the winter or early spring. I was given a nest box with them also. I let them settle in for a few months and they have become tame and friendly and I decided to set up the nest box and see what happens. So today I checked and seen an egg! Hopefully they will be good parents and lay more eggs and hatch them. I intend to let them raise the babies and I will handle them everyday once old enough so they are friendly. I've bred cockatiels before and it turned out great! I can also hand-feed if it's necessary.

Here a few pictures of them. The one with the bald head is Buzz the male, and the other cutie is Maggie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  2. the-bird-man

the-bird-man Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    land of the sun
    aww cute! i have a sennie and i must say that they are very fun birds to have. just know that if you let them breed they will not be tame and will be mean. they do not look that old, do you have any idea how old they are?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by