My senior project What do you think about it.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by first time farmer, May 17, 2009.

1. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Ok so my senior project idea is due on 5/22/09. The idea i came up with is an organic farm. I will sell farm fresh eggs, chicken meat, vegetables and, maybe goat milk and pork at the local farmers market. I would have to keep a record of all sales and costs to run the farm(the written part). I will have to document all of the animals and how i am keeping them(housing and such) All of this will be put into a digital portfolio.

How does this sound. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Sounds great IF you already have been doing all that.... looks like it's due at the end of THIS week???

3. first time farmer

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Nah i am only a sophmore(sp) they just want the idea by the end of the week. We cant start it until we are jrs. If it was due next week i would be in big trouble.

4. first time farmer

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have also always wanted to have bees(my grandfather had bees and he said i could have his bee stuff) So i think i will add honey to my list too.

5. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    Don't you want to do something easier? I mean the idea sounds great but i would do something eaiser. Or maybe i'm just a slacker?

6. first time farmer

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Hahaha I do not go to an aggi school or anything. And i am the only kid who has farm animals. So i wanted to do something i know no one will do and have it be unique. Also i want to go to collage to get an agriculture degree (@ unh thompson school of agriculture) So i figure since my grades are not straight A's this will look really good.

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Sounds like a GREAT project.

(And yeah Kyle, you are a slacker, but we still like you anyway [​IMG] )

8. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Oh this sounds great! Good thinking, and because you do know and have these animals and know how its a A in the bag.
    Have fun!

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Farmer I think it is a fantastic idea and you will learn so much doing it all too. It is a large undertaking but I sense it is something you are passionate about. GO FOR IT!!!! We are all here to help you when the time comes!!!

10. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I think its an awesome idea! Make sure you plan on raising some meat birds and selling them, too. Although I think in some places you have to be licensed to sell the meat at the farmers market.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by