My seramas input appreciated-pic heavy

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by apbgv, Aug 3, 2008.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    This is Gertrude she is almost 4mos old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my small roo no name yet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Waaatz up
    [​IMG]
    Here is Millie
    [​IMG]
    No name so far
    [​IMG]
    This little roo is about 4 1/2 mos old, he lost his long tail feathers a couple weeks ago, couldn't get him to sit still very well he is a little more nervous than the other roo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    They are all so pretty...I Love Seramas!!!

3. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i will tell you to wait out the yr. you just dont know how they will turn out until then, and true to seramas we dont have that color in a roo yet.
    pic 3 and 4 are they same hatch date? she is bigger than he is, which is good for him.

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    All but the roo from you are out of Franks eggs. I didn't take pics of the black ones coz I am not going to keep them. Don't ask me why just don't care for em:/ I'm strange I know. Wish more people here in the midwest were into seramas maybe I just haven't found em:)

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    WOW Those are very nice!! I like Mille and the small roo at the bottom, but I like them all. Well I am in the midwest and I am into Seramas. I have 2 now but am getting more soon. Maybe we can do some egg trading next spring and some talking about Seramas. I just took pics of my 2 and I have to get the film developed. I will let you know when I post the pics. I havent bought a scale yet, but the 2 I have are small, I just dont know how small. The pics are of each of them standing on a 14 oz can of tomatoes for size comparison. I have a bunch in the incubator [​IMG]

eta:what area of IA are you from? Its about a three hour drive to the four corners (or is it 3) IA,MN,WI,?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    That roo in the 4th picture looks really typey too

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I love Serama's too! I wish I had three but only have one [​IMG] I just can't seem to hatch them out. Had four eggs and not one hatched! I wanted two girls for my boy Serama but no luck yet. I will keep trying.

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

oh wow those are fabulous seramas.

Gertrude and Mille are particularly nice

9. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Ausome seramas! Millie looks very typey and nice and I love her color [​IMG]

10. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    ohhh mille is gorgeous, my little roo bernie has her coloring. I just got 2 pairs a few weeks ago and just LOVE them. Now i want more but they are soooo hard to find without having to pay a small fortune for the bird plus shipping. I was fortunate enough to have found a lady in MN who had some for sale and was willing to meet me half way rather then put the birds thru the stress of shipping.I see a basement office converted into a serama palace in the near future lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by