My seven chicks arrived!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by w8tn4fresheggs, Apr 12, 2007.

1. w8tn4fresheggs

w8tn4fresheggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    My seven chicks arrived yesterday at 7 am. The package was a nice sized box with nesting material and a heat pad inside. I was really impressed. I opened the box at the post office to be sure all were okay.

The chicks seem content and doing well. I checked the box and they were shipped on Monday. I received them on Wednesday. It was so cold and snowing the morning I picked them up. I was lucky and told the post office and she arrived early that morning, knowing that they were to arrive.

I gave each of them water right away. Over and over. Then introduced the food, finally one got it and the rest followed. Too cute!

I have even introduced each one of them to my sheltie, who is very jealous. I keep calling them his sisters and that he will watch out for them. He is a great dog and should do well with them.

I would post photos, but they are so hard to take pictures of. When I get a nice shot of them, I will post.

I can't believe how they all have personalities already.
    I feel like a new momma, got up 5 times last night to check on them. I have been holding them a lot and messing with their wings, feet and belly. So far so good.

Thanks to this site, I feel like I have a good hold of giving them a good start. Thanks everyone.

I guess I will have to change my user name now. LOL.

Proud momma to a BO, BR, RIR, EE, SLW and two silkie Banties (sex to be determined) Hopefully both girls.

Steph

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Congrats on your new arrivals!! I would love to see pics......Ohhh, I just LOVE [​IMG] baby chicks!!

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Where did you get them from?

4. w8tn4fresheggs

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    [​IMG]

Here they all are. It was hard to get them to stand still!

I can tell the banties, which are together in the photo. The Rhode Island Red and the Ameracana (EE)
    Are they the same, when you say that? I can't tell the Buff Orphington yet, but I think it is the big yellow one. There is a Barred Rock in there somewhere and a Silver Laced Wynotte. (sp)

If anyone can tell, please let me know. I can post a few more close ups if need be. Thanks.

I ordered them through mypetchicken.com

It all worked out, got them when I was told I would get them. All are sexed female, except for the banties. Now they are able to sex banties, but for a higher price.

They are doing really well this morning, seem really content.

Go under the light, then eat, back under the light, then eat. It is really cute.

Steph

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    oh, they are precious![​IMG] I hope to have the nerve to try and raise some from chicks some day. So far I just get them when they are grown. [​IMG] Oh, yes, you must change your user name now. [​IMG]

6. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Those are some very cute chicks!

7. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    w8tn4babychicks.

My guess is the chick in the picture at

12 o'clock is your Silver Laced Wyandotte
    1 o'clock is your Barred Plymouth Rock
    4 o'clock is your Rhode Island Red
    7 o'clock is your EE
    10 o'clock is your Buff Orpington

THEY ARE ADORABLE!

regards,
    keljonma

8. w8tn4fresheggs

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here they are up close. Okay, I will stop now.[​IMG] They are so cute!! The EE seems to be the one that is the leader so far.

Thanks everyone for the posts.

Steph

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  9. w8tn4fresheggs

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    Thanks keljonma! Now if I can keep them straight.

The RIR is named Josephine after my brother.

One of the Banties will be named Billy if it ends up being a rooster.

The others are not named yet.

10. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    ha, those are darling!! The first two pics look like they are wearing camo. so very cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by