My sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sandstorm495, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Sandstorm495

Sandstorm495 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    Hi. you might have seen this kind of thing from a different user...MY CHICKEN IS SICK!!!! I need help and fast!! She has been like this for three and a bit days! Was giving her plain natural greek yoghurt with plain milk a good idea?? I used a syringe since she wont drink herseld. She's not preening herself AT ALL either. She wont drink, wont eat and CANT stand at all. She is sitting on a pile of blankets in a carboard box at the moment. Anyway, I dont want her to die anytime soon.
    Please reply and help me as soon as possible!!!

2. cowcreekgeek

cowcreekgeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2012
    Hurricane, WV
    That's pretty much how all sick birds act ... more information might help, such as other symptoms, or if she mighta gotten into anything toxic (esp. dead animals, or spoiled food/water), and if there's been any medications given. Also, if she's been w/ a flock, are there any others showing symptoms?

3. Sandstorm495

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    Eggbound perhaps? We think that is what is wrong with her and luckily we just found out how to treat it. Will try it soon. Another sympton that my chicken is showing is she has green poo. And yes, she has diarrhea. Also, the other chickens are completely fine even though she spent the first sick day with them. What do you think? She hasn't been near anything toxic or dead, but yes it could be the water i suppose if drinking from a water bowl with dirt and leaves in it is bad. They dirty their water pretty fast, and we try to replace it as soon as possible though. Cant wait to get a reply!! [​IMG]

4. Nutcase

Nutcase Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    Hey there. Keep researching for your poor chooky! [​IMG]

5. Nutcase

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  6. Sandstorm495

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    Please who ever sees this email reply!! I put the sick chicken in a warm bath and gave her calcium. She looked better....Now she's doing terribly and looks like she might die soon!! Any advice from anybody would be appreciated!! [​IMG]

7. Nutcase

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    Please take care of your sick chook! I'd hate for it to die and although things are looking bad there's always hope. You never know, she might recover! [​IMG]

8. Sandstorm495

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    Yeah..I guess so. All the same any other advice appreciated! [​IMG]

9. Nutcase

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    How is she now?

10. Sandstorm495