My Silkie Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by peachick, Aug 27, 2007.

1. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Over the past few weekends we have been revamping an old ugly building that was here when we bought the house. I have used it for a few years for my call ducks. But the ducks are gone and I needed it for the silkies..... look at my BYC page for photos.

2. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    How Cute!! I would love to have a child's playhouse to re-vamp!!! Nice Job!!

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Wow, That is Beautiful! Nice job on fixing it up.

4. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    Hi there PeaChick, I wanted to ask you a question.. I was looking at your website, great design by the way, and LOVE the coop!! I saw where you said you dont sell your silkies until you know the sex, and then you said you have 1 month olds for sale. Can you tell me how to sex mine at that age please. We are going on 3 weeks old now, so im hoping to be able to tell something, for I can only have MAYBE one quite rooster lol. Thanks so much!!

5. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    fantastic page and outstanding looking birds...great job. The coop is nice too but wow your birds are fabulous. Love the sumatras...got to get me some of them!

6. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    k625. sorry to be confusing. the 1 month olds are not sexed. The only way I can tell is the boys have a more pronounced comb than the girls.... and thats not really accurate yet.

Thanks everyone for the coments.... Im glad you like my site and birds.... I am very proud of them!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by