My silkie eggs are here!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mrsengeseth, Sep 26, 2008.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so excited, the eggs I ordered are here and I can begin incubating soon!!!

They're so cute because they are so small compared to regular eggs. I am beyond thrilled. Am I crazy?? I took pics of unpacking and of the eggs resting on the counter before I put them into the bator. And I took a comparison shot of the eggs to a standard egg.

I am just so stinkin excited.

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Silkies are great !!!!! Such sweet birds !!!!! Good luck, I hope you get 100% hatch..... What colors should they be ???

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

whites and blues i believe [​IMG]

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Cool, cant wait till they hatch for you and we can see pics !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have 8 Silkies eggs under a broody right now! Due to hatch on Oct 6!

and I have MORE silkie eggs on the way! I couldn't help myself. They are evil and they brainwashed me! [​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    You have every reason in the world to be excited! If you're nuts, I'm right there with you! [​IMG]

7. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I just bought some from a member here and she has been great about trying to get a variety of eggs from each of her pens.
    I cannnot wait to see what she sends and hatch those little cuties, I love my silkies.
    unfortunately it looks like I have a pen full of roos, I will wait a little longer but its sure is looking that way, hoping to get some ladies for them.

8. Ms Ellen

Ms Ellen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Virginia
    Hey Simple Life my eggs came today and tomorrow will be day 1! There is one partrige and one buff and one white, two cuckoo and three blue/splash pen eggs.

9. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I'm doing silkies next after my cochins hatch next week. I'm trying to wait till these chicks get to be 6 weeks before I get the silkie eggs. At lease I keep telling myself I have to wait. But silkies are so darn cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by