1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My silkie fell off a table, now lifting leg up

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChicksNherps, Sep 22, 2012.

1. ChicksNherps

ChicksNherps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2012
    Bow, NH
    My silkie fell backwards off of a short table today, it wasn't a big fall and she didn't fall hard, but she is now holding up one of her legs. She will put weight on it, but keeps lifting it up and holding it there. I don't think she broke anything, it's hard to tell with all the feathers. Will she be okay? Is there something I can give her? Thanks.

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I would make her comfy and give her treats and wait and see if it gets better or worse.

3. ChicksNherps

ChicksNherps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2012
    Bow, NH
    She seems better now. She isn't lifting her leg anymore and bearing weight on it. Thanks! Silly girl was sitting on the table and was slowly backing up and the i heard flapping and turned around and she was gone [​IMG] She had a diaper on though that she landed on that broke her fall.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by