my silkie has a extra 2 toes

bandit1988

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 21, 2010
its 2 days old today and i noticed u no the toes at the back of the leg well my silkie has 2 eagc leg 2 small ones and 2 big ones its always like sleepign never realy seen it active or eat or drink always sleeping i cant help ut think its deformed some how internaly and die like one of my hcicks from the first batch i did

Silkies should have 5 toes each foot. Some have more or less. Toe numbers probably wouldn't be connected to internal problems but it may have them or just be a weak chick. Wait & see.

I can't really address everything since I'm not sure from your post what's going on, but silkies are supposed to have five toes. Three in front and two in back.

A chick should be active though. Is it alone or do you have other chicks with it? How old? If it is very young, do you have it in a warm enough brooder? It may be lonely, or huddling to stay warm?

But five toes is not a deformity in a silkie.

i have 8 chicks all together there always under the bulb but i cant lower it any mroe as they will brun and die i heep the room as warm as i can but other chicks are usualy active for a goot 15 mins rthen sleep never seen that one realy move

oop hang on its up and about now might give him another dip int he water tho to make sure he knows how to drink

Back
Top Bottom