My Silkie has come to a new level of broodiness!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkieluvr, Aug 5, 2008.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    About 4 days ago I walked out to the main coop to bring everyone some treats and as I'm saying hi to everyone I notice Fluffy, the silkie, is MIA. I walk around looking at all of her favorite dust spots when I hear an "I just layed an egg" song coming from the coop. Theres Fluffy sitting on the floor with a shiny new little egg sitting next to her. Just as I am about to grab it she growls, settles down and rolls the egg under her! [​IMG] Never in my life have I seen such a broody chicken! Here is a few pics of some of the rare times when she isn't setting on a single egg, a rock, or air! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this winter when she decided, next to being broody, getting dirty is her other favorite activity!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

AHAHAHA Fluffy is the best silkie ever [​IMG] so cute

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    She is beautiful! Thats so funny my silkie hen enjoys sitting on a single egg as well. I can give her a whole clutch to go broody on and nothing. I take them out for a day she lays and egg and it stays more then an hour and she is gone broody on it. I have to add eggs after she has gone broody...LOL...Silkies they are the best!

4. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    She looks greasy. I got silkies coming in September. I already got my order in for my chicks. Unless i could use them in replacement for a Pledge wrag, I am soooo giving those away.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I have silkies in the bator now...only two and I HOPE they both hatch! Your baby is SO cute!

6. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    So cute [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by