My Silkie Has Worms!

SilkieRen

In the Brooder
Sep 11, 2019
One of my silkies recently started acting a little low energy and had a poopy butt. She still walks around and goes into the run from the coop on her own and her color seems fine but it started to worry us. While we were washing the poop from her butt, we saw she has a few worms! We started putting apple cider vinegar in the water and we gave her yogurt as a treat today (she loved it and ate more of it than our other hens). She seemed to perk up a bit and it looked like she was feeling a little better after drinking the ACV and eating yogurt but we're still worried. I know worms are common in the summer but we've never had to deal with them before.

What should we do to deal with the worms? Is there medicine we can get for her at a country store or Tractor Supply? Is this something we should go to a vet for? Any help would be appreciated!

Different types of worms are treated with different meds.

If you didn't get a picture...can you describe them?

Different types of worms are treated with different meds.

If you didn't get a picture...can you describe them?
I didn't think to take a picture, sorry...her poop was black and we saw 1 flat, white worm in the poop. It wasn't moving or anything though. It was definitely visible to the naked eye but it was fairly thin. I don't know if that description helps at all

Back
Top Bottom