My silkie is laying!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Farm Frenzy, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I want her to have babies, and she is in with a male, so should I leave the egg in there and just let her fill the nest up, or should I take them everyday and put them all into the incubator? I just don't know if she'll sit on them and incubate them, and I don't want to take the chance of them ruining. I don't know...it's my first silkie that has finally started laying, and I know they are great broodies, but it's her first time, and I'm NERVOUS!!!![​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I hope you get your answer... I have not had any of mine hatch yet. Since we have such a varierty of birds I would afraid to see what a turken-blue laced red wyandotte would look like. [​IMG]

3. Crazy_For_Chickens

Crazy_For_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Minnesota
    I would wait a few days to see if she lays more and if she does then I would put them in th incubator.

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Closed...double post:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=125527

From the forum rules:

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

Dawn​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by