My Silkie Just Pecked Me!!!

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
somad.gif
i can not believe she did that!!!! ahhhhh she has never pecked or acted violently toward anyone she is ALWAYS nice! I dont know if she went broody or not maybe you can tell me?

ok the story is i went out one last time before dark to collect eggs and opened the latch to the eggbox. Penny ( my cochin serama silkie mix ) and my silkie " charmin "
were both sitting in the box huddled up making a circle. They do everything together penny and charmin are inseperable they even sleep together. usually they sleep in the far right box. that is the first thing i thought that was unusual. they were in the left box? There was also a big brown egg in the corner of the left box there wasnt a nest dug out it was laying on top of the hay. also very unusual. So i reached in and took the egg then i reached my hand in to pet my charmin and penny. i pet penny on the back and the silkie started clucking really violently then she pecked me!!!! so i just wanted to know what made all this weird things happen.
1. charmin and penny were in left box
2. egg in corner of box
3. no nest dug for the egg
4. they were huddled up together like i have never seen them do before. they usually just sit next to each other in the box. this was different somehow...

could someone please tell me what is going on!

thank you

went out there today and there was no egg in the nesting box. so i guess she was just mad that i was petting her friend ? i dont know but she was acting fine today like normal....

I think she's going broody too. My silkies act totally different when they are broody. They try to sit on everyone's eggs or no eggs. Makes no difference. They just hunker down in an empty box for days acting ornery. Pick her up and throw her out a few times. If it keeps happening, lock her out of the coop for a few days. Works for me everytime and they forget about it for awhile. I have a few silkies that never peck when I pick them up. But some other silkies definitely don't like it one bit.

Back
Top Bottom