My silkie !! OH NO !!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Miz Mary, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Miz Mary

Miz Mary Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    Pacific NW
    I have a flock of bantams, 10 weeks old ........
    2 days ago , I had move out my 2 Polish due to pecking ..... thier heads were bleeding , and I witnessed THEM pecking my roo Silkie's head !!
    Yesterday morning, all was well in the flock .... Early evening I went out and found my Silkie Roo dead !!! NO signs of injury .... no signs of illness ...... WTH ?????
    A day ago , I did notice when I went in to visit , that this Roo was keeping his distance from me, took awhile for him to come eat out of my hand .....I thought he was skittish from me moving the Polish ( they made a big racket !! ) ...... but he ate , he wasnt limping or anything ....... thought they were figuring out the pecking order - there was 3 roo's in this batch .....
    "Frosty" was one of my favorites ...... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] and his mate, "snowflake" is without a partner ....

here he is last week ......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  2. ladrholman

ladrholman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Musquodoboit
    So sorry for your loss... looked like my Silkie Roo Sara...( was supposed to be a girl!!) So sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by