My Silkie Pacifica

dianer29

Songster
10 Years
Aug 31, 2009
My Silkie just passed a an orangey tinge liquid. I did not see any stool in it. She has ACV unfiltered ,organic Ihe ratio is the recommended 1 tablespoon to a gallon of water. I change their water 2 x a day due to poop in it. They are just a bit over 3 weeks old. I do not feed them anything as of yet besides the organic chick starter. I am not toally sure that the other day she had a stringy thing that she pulled out of the feeder trough . One of them did just yeaterday or day before and scurried around to keep it to herself and then ate it. I could not intercept she or one of them was too fast to eat it. She is one of the friendly ones who calms down when I have to handle her for cleaning. or socializing .
I have my girls now a little over 3 weeks and I am constantly observing them in brooder for health and for social welfare as well as clening them They are in cardboard boc and I keep them on pape rtowels ,no one is eating the paper . I am as diligent as I can be on a 2 hour avg check up and cleaning etc since day one. That is day and night. I am dedicated to their health. She seems to be eating ok and no personality change. The brooder is kept at 85 degrees as recommended. Please help me figure out how I can help her . This is upsetting. to say the least . I do not want to overact yet I want to be proactive ,if she or any of them need help. They ,the 7 of them do not drink one gallon to clarify my information.

Last edited:
That could be the ceacal poo...it is very stinky and kinda runny. It's normal.
Check it out on that poo page.

I did not find any likeness in the photos except the part that there was no solid waste all liquid and orangy color. The garage was getting hot 2 days in row and brooder is on 85 degrees as advised I live in Hawaii mid 80's is the norm here during the day. I have been aiming the white l clamped light out of the cage and it has been a dickens to deal with, as the day ends we can then be in 60's so of course I have to readjust. Why arent all of them showing this poo? She is one of the bigger of the flock of 7 which are Silkies and 3 weeks old. I have not spotted it since though.....

Last edited:
It could have been the ceacal...just keep an eye on her. If you really suspect she might be sick I would separate her from the rest. Are you feeding medicated chick feed?

sorry for such late response been busy running with my head spinning.lol I am keeping an eye on her. So far no more orange tinge. I tell you this,they can scare me to bits . Today Pele my red Silkie decided she was going to play" keep away" She had a piece of paper toweling and was running amuck with her found treasure......not to my amusement ............ lol

Last edited:
I had a time getting my silkie hen out of the bushes the other day...they can be little stinkers sometimes!
OOOH, paper towel...mine, mine, mine!

Back
Top Bottom