My SILKIE RIR CROSS

crash0330

Songster
9 Years
Mar 11, 2010
Mecca, CA
My Coop
My Coop
This are my three silkie RIR chicks, they all have 5 toes and the 2 yellow ones have green legs and the other one has black legs, they all have black skin, anybody knows how theyll feather out?
birds%20055.JPG

birds%20054.JPG

birds%20052.JPG

MOM
birds%20015.JPG

And DAD
birds%20016.JPG

Here's a couple of my Silkie/Serama mixes. Silkie mixes usually feather out with non-Silkie feathers, but often have a small crest, black skin, feathered legs and 5 toes.

7479_100_0695.jpg

7479_100_0702.jpg

first generation silkie crosses generally will have normal feathering. If you breed these SilkieXRIR to another silkie or silkie cross their chicks will be silkie feathered. both parents have to have a silkie feather gene in there somewhere to produce silkie feathered offspring.

It looks like two of those will have crests, so they will look like they have mohawks or something lol.

They are awfully cute.

I just hatched a Silkie x Production Red cross today. The chick came out with feathered legs, the extra silkie toe, and the feathering on her head. here's a pic of the Silkie father and the Production Red mother...
100_9337_crop.jpg

This isn't the actual mother. just a pic I found on the internet. Looks just like her though.
productionred.jpg

Here's the chick.
100_9708.jpg

100_9715.jpg

Notice the extra toe in the back and the feathered legs. So cute! Very Silkie-esque!
100_9713.jpg

Penny Weebitz we call her.
100_9718.jpg

Quote:
Me well, I just have chickens as a hobby and my silkie rooster runs around the yard free and so does my my hens so they just mated and well I hatcehd the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom