My silkie roo died. How much does it cost to ship an adult chicken?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sharksandguitars, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Sharksandguitars

Sharksandguitars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    I am wondering how much it costs to ship a full grown silkie bantam because I'd like to find one to replace the one I lost. If shipping is too high I will just look locally.

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    It's expensive.

You must purchase the specialized shipping container. Then pay live bird rates and the further the bird is shipped, the more it costs.

You can do an estimate. Look up what it costs to buy the container and ship it to the seller. You can look up postal rates on-line. You must know what zip code the package will be shipped from.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I'm sue you can find some locally..... If you were closer I could give you a whole bunch of them... Lol
    Shipping, when I did it was about $65, then there is the shipping box unless the shipper already includes that....

4. goldnchocolate

goldnchocolate Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Massachusetts
    So sorry for your loss. A friend of mine found a silkie roo, locally, when her silkie roo died. Keep checking Craigslist. A few years back I saw an ad for 2 silkie roos (they had been raised together) so I answered it and the woman even drove them to my house, even though she lived about an hour away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by