My Silkie Rooster Dance

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ILuvMyPetChickens, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ILuvMyPetChickens

ILuvMyPetChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2011
    Leavittsburg, Ohio
    My silkie rooster does this weird dance around me. He flapped his wings and charged at me but he doesn't really attack me he hasn't with his beak. What on earth is he doing? Is he challenging me? He never really attacks looks like it though.

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    If your refering to when a rooster drops his wing and hops around a hen before he mates her, then he's doing his "love dance" for you. [​IMG] If he's just running at you but stops then he might just be threatening you. [​IMG]

3. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I think so. I have had chickens do that to me and it seemed like they were trying to intimadate me or be aggressive. I think it is cute and they have never made any contact with me in that process.

4. ILuvMyPetChickens

Jan 3, 2011
    Leavittsburg, Ohio
    Yeah sometimes he goes circles around me. His wings are down when he comes after me.

5. ILuvMyPetChickens

Jan 3, 2011
    Leavittsburg, Ohio
    Hes spoiled I don't see why he would attack me. Im just afraid he will attack me when he does this little dance but he hasnt.

6. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    When a rooster does the little "love dance" he gets a little agressive and up in the hen's face. Other than that I don't know. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by