My Silkie rooster just can't...do it

suebee

Speaks Silkie Fluently
16 Years
Apr 1, 2007
N. Carolina
He's almost 9 months old but still can't manage to mate right. He started out at 7 months mounting backwards, which was funny as heck. Now at 9 months he's still not getting it right. He'll do sideways, offways, upways, anyways but the RIGHT WAYS! He's got lots of hens to "practice" with but still can't get it right! I feel so stupid leaning down to watch saying "a little to the left...Nooooo, now a little to the right...Now down a little, NO!...up a tad....so on, so on.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Been there, done that. Some roos do eventually get it right. Others are idiots their whole lives. I have a little 1/2 lb. roo right now that tries his darndest to mate my 8 & 9 lb. brahma hens. When he pulls a sneak attack the girls have learned to just lean forward; sends him tumbling over their heads.
lol.png

Quote:
Been there, done that. Some roos do eventually get it right. Others are idiots their whole lives. I have a little 1/2 lb. roo right now that tries his darndest to mate my 8 & 9 lb. brahma hens. When he pulls a sneak attack the girls have learned to just lean forward; sends him tumbling over their heads.
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

Shoot, he did a hen backwards again. Kinda reminds me of "There's Something about Mary".
th.gif

Last edited:
Maybe you can get another rooster, to show him "how it's done!" lol. this post is Hilarius. i have never had to deal with this thank goodness. but i have always had a mature rooster with the juvenile breeders to keep them from becoming to feisty.

Back
Top Bottom