My Silkie Roosters.....(help)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lurky, Dec 28, 2007.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I have been trying really hard to find new homes for a couple bearded blue splash silkie roosters, but no luck yet. I have ads in 2 of the country/farm vets in my area, and i have them on CL for VT, NH and MA. I HATE to have to let DH cull them because i love them all. But they are starting to get aggressive and i want them to find homes while they are still good. I am afraid if we dont cull 2 this weekend, we will soon have to cull all 3. I would like to keep one if its not mean. If i handle them often, i think they are good. So does anyone wanna be a foster home? I just dont have enough room for all of them. As long as they are separated, they only need to be handled more. I have had a few people ask about them, but nothing that has panned out. Here is pics of all 3 of them. Its funny because i could never tell them apart all this time.....but now i realize how different they all are. They remind me of the 3 bears.........1 is dark, 1 is light, and 1 is in between. then 1 is big, 1 is small, and one is in between. The one that is crowing is sooooo funny to hear.....one is not yet....and i am not sure about the other. They are just about 6 months old. Thanks for at least reading this. Lurky

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE: At least i am not wondering if they are boys or girls anymore [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  2. chrisf

chrisf Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I am interested in your chickens, I live in the tri-state area NY-MA-Ct border. Thanks -C

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    They are awfully pretty. I might be interested in one, having lost almost all my Silkies and all [​IMG].

I am going to Seabrook NH Sunday. How far are you from there?? Would you be willing to meet me? If not, I totally understand and good luck finding new homes for them.

Edit... That's a 2 hour drive for you, I can't ask you to drive that far. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  4. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:I really dont want to kill these handsome boys, i will work with you to meet somewhere. I will PM you my phone # and we can talk.

5. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    BTW Angie. You can call til 10 tonight if you want

6. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    THANKS TO BYC AND CHRISF.........THESE 2 SILKIE ROOSTERS HAVE A HOME!!!!!!!! [​IMG] THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Cool!
    They sure are pretty.

8. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I'm glad you were able to find them a home, Lurky!! [​IMG] Sorry I didn't get back to you, I wasn't ignoring you...lol...I was busy with DD last night (she has a dang cold with a cough [​IMG] )and wasn't home all day today. It's really a long drive for me, especially in winter when the weather is unpredictable, so I'm happy you were able to find someone to take them. [​IMG]

9. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Thanks angie. I knew it would be hard for us to hook up too. I spoke to chris on the phone and i quickly realized this guy knew ALOT about birds. I am often accused of loving my birds too much.......well i do believe Mr Chris is worse than me [​IMG] I also gave him 4 silkie eggs to put in his already warm incubator. The story could not have had a better ending.

10. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Hi Lurky,

i was off the board for a while so did not realize you ended up with three roosters. Very happy you found good homes for the spares. They are gorgeous. It took me a long time to find homes for all my roosters. For one adoption i drove 3 hours each way to deliver him. i posted on CL and all the local ads many many times. But it all paid off and i'm very happy with everyone who adopted my babies. It's hard, isn't it? But nice to have your flock finally to where you want it.

Colleen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by