1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My silkie sleeps non-stop!!! WHY?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ShelbyCoral, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Okay so my silkie named SnowWhite wont stop sleeping... I know it cold and she just like to stand and look like a puff ball, but she is also weak in her legs. I go to pick her up and she just falls over into my hands. sleeps in my hands to. She has yet to lay any eggs. and its almost time for her to do so. she will lay down under the heat lamp for an hour an not move ( unless another hen says otherwise) she doesnt really eat allot but she eats. She likes to be in the corner now to. She use to be the alpha female silkie...

What could be wrong with my puffball snow? Is she depressed?

2. Amina

Amina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Sounds like she may be ill. You should try posting in the diseases section. Does she have any other symptoms besides lethargy?

3. her tail is down...

4. should i make them something? something so they wont be bored?

5. thats about it.

6. Okay so its Definitely just her being bored? could be it. she likes to lay down under the heat lamp... She used to be like skittish towards me, but now i can walk up to her, pick her up, sit her up like a human on my arm and she just looks at me like... okay night night xD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by