My silkies are agressive

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dlh81, Nov 17, 2010.

1. dlh81

dlh81 New Egg

Nov 17, 2010
    about 2 yrs ago we got 3 frizzles for my son, he loves them to bits! they follow him all over the yard inside the house....wherever he is the chickens arnt far behind. they have always been lovely natured and very tame. so 6 months ago we got 3 silkies to add to his flock they were day olds and have been treated with much love and attention, however in the last 2 weeks the silkies have been very unsocial, pecking and scratching anyone that goes near them. im really dissapointed about it because i thought they would be like the frizzles. im really not sure what to do about it and would love some advice

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I don't know why they would change over night like that. I have three silkies, and they are my friendliest chickens. They do go broody very often, and if that is what is going on for yours it would explain why they are now unfriendly. Most chickens are not typically overly personable animals, so having a bird or two not be friendly is much more normal than having 6 birds be super friendly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by