My Silkies just got a Bath whether they wanted one or not plus more...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ericsgirlie, Aug 9, 2011.

1. ericsgirlie

ericsgirlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Easton, MD
    Stories in the day and life of our feathered friends [​IMG]

Ok, so it just took me an hour to blow dry 16 Silkies [​IMG], because they did not have enough sense to come in out of the rain. They are 5 weeks old and it has been excessively hot here so we actually moved them in like a week ago. They had an outdoor run for the day and then we would move them at night. We just added a outdoor spot that connects to the coupe. They have done a good job of putting themselves in the oven at night, LOL ( our coupe is our kids play house, there is a wooden kids stove in there. The door to the oven/ yes it is true, and not only that but the door to the oven has a roasting chicken painted on it) They sleep in the oven all cuddled up together)[​IMG].

Today we had to go out of town to take my daughter to the doctor. Well would'nt you know a huge thunder storm comes right before we get home. When we check on the,. they are soaked, some are in the oven, some are outside, and some are in this little shelter in the pen. Do they ever learn to beware of the weather? They seem fine, we blowed dried them and stuck them in the incubator which is getting way to small for them until they were nice and hot. They are now comfortable in the oven once again [​IMG]

I think God is really watching after them... The other day when the outside pen was made. I forgot our 100 pound Chessie was outside. When I remembered, I ran out to check on the babies. He had gotten in with them, but they were totally all fine. He has paid little attention to our big chickens but we really have not let him that close to the babies. I am so glad he did not eat them [​IMG]

I love these chickens! On a side note, Henny who we thought was young but who was not won 3 blue ribbons and $30.00 at the fair the other day. We did not even plan to enter her, we just took her in the doll stroller for fun [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. Kaelinstorm

Kaelinstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    I actually laughed out loud when I read they sleep in the oven XD [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  3. ericsgirlie

ericsgirlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Easton, MD
    Chickens in the Oven [​IMG] They do not really like to go there in the daytime, so we had to close the door more to get them to stay in more than a second [​IMG]:)

[​IMG]

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Cute oven house.

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. Brookiesflock