My Silkies then and now

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cheepchicks, Jul 13, 2007.

1. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I just wanted to share how much these two have grown. Their siblings were eaten by the skunk about a week or so ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
  3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] Cute birds! I love my silkies. Aren't they so precious as they are growing up?

4. cheepchicks

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Carri,

They are cute but they are growing so slow compared to the original chicks I received from MM. I am beginning to wonder if they are bantams. What do you think?

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    In the second pic is that a partridge? I hve a silkie who looks similar to yours

6. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    ugly duckling to a swan![​IMG]

very PURTY birds!!!

olivia

7. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Those silkies are really cool! I just can't wate till my silkie chicks grow up.

-alex

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Silkies only come in bantam size, actually. They get pretty decent size though!
    You're right... They do grow veerrrrrry slowly. I got my girls (buff and splash) from a friend who breeds them. They were two months old and TINY!! They are now 9 months old and finally full size! One just started laying but the other hasn't. They are slow to develop overall.
    I have a black girl that I received as an adult and according to who I got her from, she started laying at 8 months. [​IMG] Talk about taking your time!

9. cheepchicks

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    To all : Thanks for your replies. I have nowhere but here in this whole big world where people understand my chicken thing !

Carri

I am pretty sure that is a partridge. I am new to this and still not really familiar with the colors. Some are easy to tell.

I just wish I new if they were both boys or both girls or one of each <grin>

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by