My Silkies Were Supposed To Be Here :*(

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
Well they were supposed to be in a shipment coming to the feed store today, but I guess it's going to have to be tomorrow. I asked the guy that works there to order 4 silkies any color for me from ideal (along with his order of 25+) which is not but 3 or 4 hrs away from me.

I really hope the little gals (I hope) are going to be okay. It's really warm here like upper 80s and it's been pretty humid. I guess they may not get cold, unless they are somewhere indoors with the ac blasting.

Should I go buy some vitamins before I go pick them up? Should I let them stay at the feed store a little while so they can eat and drink before I go and get them? I'm really afraid someone will buy them before I get there. They have my # but I mean who do they care who they sell them to?

If I do go and get vitamins, how to I dispense them?

Please help me calm my nerves, I'm really worried.

barnie.gif

You can buy vitamins that mix into the water. The plave you buy them should have them. I have read that sugar water can help them too. I hope they arrive tomorrow. Nothing more stressful than waiting for chicks to arrive in the mail. Dont wait to get them. They should hold them, but dont wait.........they should be with you. I'm sure they will be happier if you go get them. Post pics here when you get them. I cant wait to see what colors he has for you.

Last edited:
I just heard so many things about silkies getting sick and dying and they are so hard to find here. I was really excited to have them ordered, but now I'm worried.

I think that silkies are quite hardy. I can only think in Texas that the heat might be hard for them.......so be careful of that maybe.

good news is: I just found a couple of adds on craigslist that seem to be from a breeder only 30 mins from me. They also have some nice silkie pics up.

That means, if I don't get what I want, I can still go to them.
I still just want what I originally ordered, I want them to be okay.

Back
Top Bottom