My Silkies won GRAND CHAMPION at the fair!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by shelleyb1969, Sep 5, 2010.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I just wanted to share some great news I just received from one of my lady customers. This past May, she drove 4 hours one way to buy Silkie chicks from me. They were for her grandson to show, so I actually sold her some chicks that I was holding back to keep. But I just can't say no to children and showing...so I sold them to her. [​IMG]

Anyways...she just emailed me and said that those Silkies were named "Fancy Poultry Grand Champion" at the Fulton County Fair in Fulton County Ohio. I know it's just a county fair, but I am so happy and proud of my Silkie crew. The fair judge even wants one...he said that he has been judging for several years now and only twice before has he seen Silkies of this quality. So I just wanted to toot my own horn a bit. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    [​IMG] awsome!!! you deserve to glote a bit

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Awesome! I agree-you totally deserve this. I'd be happy too.

4. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

6. birdicus7

birdicus7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Coatesville, PA
    [​IMG] That is AWESOME...You deserve to toot your own horn. Congratulations![​IMG] We'd be partying it up!

7. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Soo awsome, congrates, now that is great news, [​IMG]

8. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Way to go!
    How very generous of you to let them buy your special chicks,.. Just think how happy he was when he won!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]: [​IMG]

edited for silly spelling

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  9. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Awww....thanks so much EVERYONE! I was a little hesitant to post my news here...but I just had to share it with folks who understand. I'm just so proud of my Silkies...and all of my hard work these past couple of years is finally showing. All of the time spent, work done, and tears shed have all been worth it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Hey news this good NEVER HOLD BACK from us chicken people. [​IMG]

It feels really good knowing how your hard work is being payed off. Knowing that the babys came from your stock that you have been working with and breeding Got grand now that is something to be very proud of. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by