my silky egg autopsy warning unhatched chick pictures

Mar 6, 2020
Hampshire uk
Just want to add some pictures of silky chicks that stopped growing in the eggs for some reason this is my egg autopsy just wanted to see what they looked like and how big they got, now they are buried in the garden poor little things, first time trying to hatch eggs
Warning pictures of the chicks not hatched
chick 1
DSCF7459.JPG
DSCF7461.JPG

Chick 2 more liquid in the egg

DSCF7466.JPG
DSCF7471.JPG

Both chicks
DSCF7467.JPG

not sure what day they quit ? can anyone tell

AltonaAcres

Crowing
Jan 13, 2019
I'm sorry. What incubator were you using? Where did these eggs come from? What temp. and humidity was the incubator at? Where in your house was the incubator?

Mar 6, 2020
Hampshire uk
I was using broody bantam chickens 2 of them to try and hatch these eggs, eggs I got from a house in Reading in Hampshire uk - did travel to pick them up

The chickens did get up maybe a few times a day dust bathe once a day leave the eggs for a bit, eat/drink and stretch
They are new to egg hatching too

Kiraeh

Chirping
Jun 8, 2020
PEI Canada
I haven't done a loooot of eggtopsies so my expertise is limited, but these look maybe day ~14? They're fully formed and down-covered but still quite small and nowhere near ready to hatch. It's an unusual time to lose so many seemingly at once, the first week and last few days are more common for losses, especially under a broody hen with no real danger of temperature spikes.

Top Bottom