My silly Fussy didnt want to go out in the rain this morning

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by thndrdancr, Oct 2, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, I let the girls out later this morning than usual as we are having a thunderstorm. Its settled down to a very light rain and its like 65.
    I picked up Red, like normal, and usually Fussy follows me right on outside to the pen. Well, Fussy took one look out the door and decided she was staying IN today. I had to literally pick her up and take her out. Err, I mean I had to wait til she jumped on my shoulder so I could get her down and then hold her and throw her in. She didnt poo on me either, and thats somethin for first thing in the morning and being scared to go out.
    Poor thing is out there, her tail is hung down and her backed is hunched and her whole body language just saying "misery". I feel guilty. Bad chicken mom, bad, bad!
    Fussy is the only chicken that missed me while I was away this weekend. She jumped on me immediately and started preening my hair, which she very seldom does anymore. [​IMG] I told her I missed her too.
    I am exceeding fond of that silly chicken.
    Jill

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

AH ,,,, I know how you feel...I have one I babysit named Siesta.....she will fall asleep the minute I pick her up.....whether it be rightside up or upside down..she is the first one to start talking to me when I come to the coop....she hates the rain ! I let her stay in henhouse [​IMG] She is one I am babysitting for another member here....not to sure I will be able to let her go when the time comes. I have fallen in love with her ! Here she is , looking for me !
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  3. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    There is always one special one that pulls at your heartstrings, isnt there?
    Mom witnessed her display when I came home and she said, "That silly chicken loves you, you know!"

I said, "yea, I know". She is the only reason I have the other one sleepin in the house at night. If not for the other chicken, I am pretty sure I could have house trained her, she to this day hates "dirtying" her nest/house/coop. I bet she would be thrilled to know of a way to keep from doing it. [​IMG]

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] i actually thought of bringing Siesta into my house......can't believe I did .............she is just to sweet ! how funny it is...what they do to us isn't it !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by