My Sister... is ENGAGED?!?!?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tanichca, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    So, backstory time! My sister has been really great friends with this guy for about 8 years, and then a few months ago they started dating. She is 19, he is 23, but they get along so well, and he is super nice, and fun, and the 4H poultry champion 4 years running (which totally gave him my vote!) But anyway, yesterday, big sis came home all happy, and I mean ECSTATIC happy. I wondered, but big sis and I aren't that close, so I didnt ask. But then, when little sis and I went to our room to get ready for bed, little sis told me the shocking truth...
    Apparently, big sis took little sis aside last night to tell her the news! And she is going to tell the rest of the family tomorrow at my Dad's birthday party (happy birthday Dad [​IMG] ) but i just had to tell you guys because it's such incredible news!!! I mean, its my sister, the one I've seen grow up and get pretty and move out, and now... [​IMG] woah.
    But still, its awesome [​IMG]

2. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG] Congrats! [​IMG]

3. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Congratulations! [​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] He sounds like a great addition to the family!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Sounds like you're going to have a great BIL. Congratulations to the happy couple!

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Yes, I really do like him! [​IMG] He gets along great with the family. Im just worried, because he is getting sent overseas soon.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Congrats, for the new family member.

Imp

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sounds like Big Sis did well. Congratulations to her and the rest of the family. Now as for Tanichca and that hand holding--- [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Oh, gee, that again??? Hey, by my age, big sis had already been kissed!!! What is so terrible about me holding a guy's hand??? [​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:Yeah, yeah I know how it goes-- holding hands today-- engaged tomorrow. Least that's how fast it seems to go for us old folk. [​IMG] My grandson couldn't wait to tell me about his first kiss. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by