My Sister is gonna KILL me !

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CoopCrazy, Apr 28, 2009.

1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    K so my oldest sister called me a few weeks back to say that a friend bought a chick for her son, (Now this girl is straight up CITY) I proceed to tell her take it back .. She lives in an apartment in the city limits and for some reason truly beleived that this chick will stay all cute a fuzzy and lil.." Big reality check there" Well today I get a call that it getting big and ugly and pooping all over her apartment.. ( Yea she has it running free in her house for two weeks, sleeping with it at night etc.. ) so she wants me to take it cause I have chickens.

The problem with is 1. My other sister and I cohabitate (she doesnt care for the chickens and seeing as my original 4 are now 12, I dont think she is gonna be happy about 1 more) 2. Where will I put a lone chick . I have 2 three week old austrolops in my mini brooder and 6 7week olds in th big brooder.. I dont know if this lil guy is medicated what he has been exposed too etc,... 3. I have my heat lamp off outside as its been in the 80's alot lately and all my babes were panting with it on , even at night. So I am afraid even if the 3 weekl olds will take her will she be cold . The 3 weeks are feathered out well..

Sorry so long just grrrrr [​IMG].. I tried to disuade this girl from the beginning and I dont know if should risk my flock to save one baby...

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    It's too bad that the idiot has a kid. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Amen to that....

4. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Tell her to offer it on freecycle.org or craigslist for free to good home .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by