My sizzle and her first baby. Cute pic!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lovemychix, Jun 22, 2009.

1. lovemychix

lovemychix Songster

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    [​IMG]

I gave her 3 eggs and only one hatched. She kept leaving the nest and I thought for sure they were no good. I went out on day 23 with no hope and was cleaning up and gathering eggs and I heard a baby. I couldn't believe it!!! [​IMG] Then my RIR tried to steal the baby and was raising it. I gave it back to momma and now they are in the nursery area of the coop. I wanted to just leave it in the big area but my Buttercups kept grabbing it and throwing it like a football. [​IMG] I have 4 other broodys ready to hatch in the next week. [​IMG] Hubby said I couldn't buy any more chicks. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Awww that is too cute!

3. lovemychix

lovemychix Songster

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I'm pretty sure it's my EE that is a blue and black with white stripes and my golden laced roo's baby. It should be a pretty bird.

4. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Sounds like it will be positively gorgeous!

5. lovemychix

lovemychix Songster

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I can't wait for the rest of my hens to hatch. I now have 7 broody hens. [​IMG] All my hen boxes are filled up so I had to make more. [​IMG]

6. R@ndy

[email protected] Songster

Mar 20, 2009
    Taneytown
    Awesome [​IMG] CUte chick and great looking momma [​IMG]

So he said couldn't buy anymore chicks [​IMG] sure forgot the hatching part [​IMG] [​IMG]

Poor fella [​IMG][​IMG]

7. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Songster

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    What a great idea!!!! my dh also said i couldnt buy more chickies... we have a rooster though that he wants to keep... hmmmm...
    they are so cute togeather!!

8. lovemychix

lovemychix Songster

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I won't be able to keep all the babies but maybe 4 or 5. I'll sell the rest on craigslist. I always have luck getting them homes on there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: