My SLWs are hatching!!! :D

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CelticMoon1, May 28, 2010.

1. CelticMoon1

CelticMoon1 Songster

Jul 25, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My SLWs are [​IMG] as I'm typing, I'm so excited! Fingers crossed no yellow chickies will pop out, as we've found recessive white in our flock... Well; new roo and the split for white hen isn't laying anymore!

We started out with 18 eggs (all fertile), lost one at 2 days, one at 5 days and one (maybe 2) later than 10 days... I've left those 2 in, and it looks like one of them is pipping! Both looked different than the rest at last candling, so I assumed they were lost.. The other one had swirly stuff in it at last candling before lockdown though [​IMG]

As of now we have one out and running about in the bator, one almost out of the shell and 7 others pipping! And those two I can see are black so [​IMG]

Sorry for rambling, just wanted to share [​IMG]

2. greenfingers

greenfingers Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Congrats on your hatch!! Good hatching vibes for the rest of the fuzzy butts!! [​IMG]

3. CelticMoon1

CelticMoon1 Songster

Jul 25, 2009
    Thanks [​IMG]

I just wish they could hurry up and get out quickly! [​IMG]

4. CelticMoon1

CelticMoon1 Songster

Jul 25, 2009
    FIVE out, which is hopefully exactly one third of the total chicks that will hatch... It's looking to be a long night!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by