My smallest egg - incredible! (pics)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickybaby, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Chickybaby

Chickybaby Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    [​IMG] ! I'm more used to eggs of the JUMBO variety, but this is what I found in the coop first thing this morning... a quarter-sized egg!

[​IMG]

I have never seen anything like it, like I said most of my girls lay pretty good sized ones. This is another giant egg I got this afternoon next to the tiny one for comparison sake

[​IMG]

And here's the tiny one next to a "normal" sized egg, also from today

[​IMG]

I believe the tiny one is from one of my Bantam Dark Conish, I've been waiting for them to start for a month or so now. Perhaps they have been laying and I just haven't SEEN them [​IMG] - guess it's possible.

Has anyone else ever had this tiny an egg before, or do I just have the world's strangest birds?

2. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    WHOA!!! What type of egglayer lays those MONSTERS?!?!?

3. Chickybaby

Chickybaby Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    [​IMG] My monster egg layers are my Brahmas. The don't do it often, but when they do they do it BIG! [​IMG]

4. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I believe you've got yourself a FART EGG!!!

5. KELLEY1

KELLEY1 New Egg

Dec 28, 2008
    I've had a few giant eggs like those but none as small as yours is! I have had some eggs without shells and that has stopped since they have more oyster shell!

6. geoaware

geoaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I got one that small about a week ago......I cooked it up and it had NO YOLK!

Very strange, especially on the same day i got a double yolker from another girl in the flock.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I got a dime sized one a few weeks ago. They are so adorable! My dad got a good laugh out of it. He had never seen on that small. He raised leghorns and he said they never laid any small ones at all.

8. miron28

miron28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    that is probably one of your chickens just started to lay. that is what my chickens gave me when they started laying

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Congrats on your first fart egg [​IMG] Mine had a very teeny tiny yolk inside!

10. SullyCarter

SullyCarter Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2008
    Pacific Palisades, CA
    oh my. how diverse!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by