My (smooth) Sizzles *post your pics too!*

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I posted a couple days ago with pics of my new Rooster (silkie/cochin mix) So here is a picture of him with one of his hens. She also has a sister so he will have a Black & a Blue hen, both are also Silkie/Cochin mixes.

He is Splash colored so i should get some pretty cute babies from them later on.

will try & get more, better ones later on.
6o0duq.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!!!! I love silkie/cochin crosses, I have a broody silkie on some eggs, three of which should be(if fertile) crosses of a buff silkie and buff cochin, cant wait until they hatch!
smile.png

Quote:
Thats when they call it a sizzle (lower-case) They have a yahoo group. I was thinking about breeding them but went another direction.

You cant breed a Sizzle x Sizzle but you can breed a Sizzle (frizzled) x sizzle (smooth)

So yes in my first post I should have said, sizzle (because they are smooth). Unless they have changed things since I last visited.

Quote:
Its the cross between a Silkie and cochin. Here is a current auction for some Sizzles... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=307061

Yes, the one pic they show is a smooth, but that's because the frizzle gene is only 50/50. A sizzle is a frizzle silkie.

The OP's chickens are "Silchins" or "Colkies"
gig.gif
lau.gif
It's ok... You can
smack.gif
me now
tongue2.gif
(I just made those names up off the top of my head
lol.png
)

I Love your roo! he's very handsome!! The silkie gene should show up in the next generation correct?

Quote:
Nope, a sizzle can be smooth feathered or frizzled. Just like some breeds of dogs have different coats, same applies to the sizzles. This is my favorite smooth sizzle.
There is a lot of debate about the standards of sizzles... as far as I know, there is no standard.
000_0434.jpg
000_0424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom