My son ate his FIRST "homegrown" egg today!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChobeeChickenMommy, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    && HE LOVED IT!!! I AM SO PROUD OF MY BABY BOY! I had to take a few pics naturally... (as I am a camera hog & take pics of everything. hehehe) I had to share w/ everyone! [​IMG]

Here's the egg. (It's just a small one from one of our Silkie girls but just enough for my 4 3/4 year old!)
    [​IMG]
    The scrambled egg.
    [​IMG]
    & Last but not least by baby eating his egg. (& he couldn't stop saying how much better it tasted than a store bought egg!!)
    [​IMG]

2. mtnhens4

mtnhens4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Western NC
    Congrats!!! the first egg is always the best and it looks like he enjoyed it:thumbsup

3. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Las Vegas NV
    I'm trying to get my older adult brother to eat his first homegrown scrambled eggs! [​IMG]
    It is funny how nervous he is to try it...

Don't you just love how much more rich the flavor is from homegrown eggs??? I had my first one the other day and couldn't believe the difference!!

4. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Las Vegas NV
    By the way, those pictures are making me hungry now for some scrambled eggs!! Haahahaha [​IMG]

5. m_shuman

m_shuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Springfield, GA
    My son only eats eggs from our flock. He wouldn't touch a scrambled egg or fried egg until our hens started laying them and we convinces them that homegrown eggs would make him grow big and strong!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by