MY SON HAD A SEIZURE TONIGHT

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ginbart, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Hello everyone, I have only been with BYC for 3 months but I feel like I can count on you.

I have a 7 year old boy who started having seizures last year. He was put on Keppra and doing good. Last month he had a seizure and tonight he fell asleep on the couch and had another one. I was on the computer reading BYC and heard him fall of the couch. It was a bad one.

We do not know what causes them. He was adopted and do not know about his biological parents.

I would like to ask everyone who reads this to please say a prayer for him. I believe prayers can help. Thank you all. Ginger

It will be a long night for me, I will be up watching him sleep. This only happens right after he falls aspleep and I know he won't have another one but I can't sleep.

I need to leave but thank you all again.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i was having crazy seizures for months. turns out i had a mass amt of wasp venom in my lymph system.

maybe you should try a homepathic doctor. they can do more than treat symptoms. but in the meantime, God knows right where you are.

Dear God, touch this child. You are the Great Healer. Wrap him in Your pinions and hide him in Your shadow, Father! Thank You God for all You are going to do to touch this boy. Bless Ginge, his mother, give her peace. Give her the strength to let You do Your work in his life.
    Jesus, i ask all these thing and believe for total healing. Amen.

God bless and keep me posted.

3. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I can totally relate to where you are coming from! My four year old daughter who has Rett Syndrome was had seizures since she was one. I know how hard it is to sleep after a seizure for us parents. She is also on medication but they don't always prevent them.

I will definitely send prayers up for your little boy and hope that God also sends you comfort and the assurance that he is watching your son.

Hugs! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Sending lots of Good Thoughts & Prayers to your son.

5. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I am so sorry your son is experiencing this!

My best friend's little boy was having regular seizures a year or so ago, and they were almost always brought on by the heat. If she could manage to keep him cool ...living in DC, that's a challenge... he had less episodes and less traumatic, too.

She had to go to a couple of pediatricians before she could get any answers or any real help for him, but the perserverance has paid off.

Talk to your pediatrician and have some tests done. You may even want to talk to several pediatricians before you find the help you need for him.

I'll be saying lots of prayers for your little one!

6. FlockEweFarm

FlockEweFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    Gin. My prayers are with you both. I also have a seizure disorder, but I am lucky? to only have partial/complex seizures that are controlled pretty well by Neurontin, Kepra is a pretty heavy med, have they recently adjusted his medications? Is he getting enough sleep, or is he stressed for any reason? I know when I am extra tired or stressed, I do tend to slip into mode a little easier. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and bless you for taking in one that needed someone special. [​IMG]

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I've said a prayer for you and your son, and will continue to pray for you both. I dont know what you are going through personally, but I hope you stay strong through this rough spot and get through it with no trouble.

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    You most definitely will be in my prayers as will your son. [​IMG]

9. knippk

knippk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Grayson KY
    You and your son are in my prayers!!!!!

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Prayers from the Uk coming over the pond to you and your boy. Keep positive, the power of positive thought and prayer can bring about amazing things. Have you researched the internet regarding his condition? You can then visit your Doctor armed with many questions without feeling like "they dont tell you anything" Keep us informed as to how he gets on...................God Bless

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by