my son is a clutz

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by agnes_day, Feb 21, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    he busted out our rear wind shield with a ladder!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Patch of Heaven Farm

Patch of Heaven Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh sorry to hear that! [​IMG] Make him work to pay for some of it. Maybe he will be more careful next time. [​IMG]

3. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    be happy! at least he was doing something else rather than playing a stupid video game..

4. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    he WAS playing a video game before..but his dad asked him to put the ladder in the back of the suburban.he slammed the door as hard as he could and put the ladder through the windshield..and now hes trying to tell us that it just broke on its own! [​IMG]
    needless to say, he will definitely be paying for the repairs.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
  5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:yeah, you gotta watch out for those new self destruct windows now a days..[​IMG]

6. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    oh god thats what my husband said, word for word!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

you would think a 16 year old could at least try and come up with a better story than that though. [​IMG]

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    shoulda checked the fine print on the window that says, "Warning: Window may instantly implode."

sounds like a good plan to 'allow him the privilege' to pay for the window. whether it was an 'accident' or an 'on purpose' he still is responsible for his actions.

motherof5boys1girl you sound like one good mom to me. [​IMG]

8. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    well thank you [​IMG]

oh yeah, around here if you break something, you grab a lawnmower or rake, and go raise the money to fix it or you do extra chores around the house to make it up. i have to give my husband credit...he was ready to kill him but he just yelled a certain word and came inside and had a cigarette and went on to work. [​IMG]

9. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    oh yes, i forgot. the crowning moment was after i got the estimate to get it repaired. (it was 333 dollars!!)
    he sighed and said "well thats not much at all!"

[​IMG]

kids!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
  10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Nicely done to make him pay for the repairs. When I was a kid I got caught shoplifting and had to pay a fine. My folks made me work all summer to pay it off.

Lasting memory, that...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by