my son tried to burn the house down... well not really but close

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    My wonderful 14 year old son was a bit peckish so he decided to warm up an apple blossom...

he read the instructions (not carefully I will add) put it in the microwave and got the call of mother nature... so off to the bathroom he goes.

when he was done he came down to black smoke coming out of the microwave and the microwave totally shut off.

he put the blossom in for 20 minutes instead of 1 minute . he read half of the oven direction and half of the microwave oven directions.

charred my microwave and shattered a Corelle plate.

o the upside.. no one was hurt and I get a new microwave... lol

2. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:What's an Apple blossom? Around here we don't eat them we let them stay on the trees [​IMG]

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:What's an Apple blossom? Around here we don't eat them we let them stay on the trees [​IMG]

an apple blossom is an apple that has been wrapped in a pie crust with cinnamon and some have caramel its like a single serving of apple pie.. and they are sooo goood
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  4. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada

an apple blossom is an apple that has been wrapped in a pie crust with cinnamon and some have caramel
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/13904_3436275434_8614d61b84.jpg

ahhhh ok. Like a little apple pie [​IMG] Microwave backed apples are also good.

I microwaved a twist tie in our beasty (20+years old) once saw spraks going every where. Looked a bit like lighting

5. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    When I worked at Florida State University one of the mathmatics professors put his muffin in for 20 minutes instead of seconds...caught the portable on fire. They assigned a mathematics graduate to him after that! Could be a sign of genious!
    sharon

6. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    when I was a teenager I forgot myself and put a metal dish in the microwave. it was one of those long cooking dishes.

The microwave survived but it was a heck of a lights how.

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Wow

That is the yummiest apple blossom I have ever seen (course I am use to seeing them on trees too). [​IMG]

8. Havsom Morpork

Havsom Morpork Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    Thank goodness he's ok and the house is fine. After my 10 year old put a hot dog in there for 10 minutes instead of 1 minute I got a new microwave. I got the kind that you can put metal in and it senses when the food is done and shuts itself off. Whirlpool makes them. Now I don't have to worry about my son setting us all on fire by accident.

9. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    I have been really good with the microwave, but I did burn the barn down a few years ago. Lost 2 of my fave chickies, burned a hole in the side of the boat, blew up about 15 gallons of homemade wine:oops:. But it did get me out of having to rake and burn leaves anymore.

10. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Quote:You need to sit in the lawn chair and just drink tea and supervise.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by