my sons getting excited updatedwith fair results now pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by luvchicks8, Aug 11, 2010.

1. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    This weekend Friday ,Saturday ,and Sunday is the 4h fair!! His 3 hens he has chosen to take have not been bathed so much they run and hide when they see him. He also finished his potholders, canning,sand candles ,rabbit washcloths and he want's to bake a cake tomorrow to enter also. I am wondering how he will show though he broke his wrist on Monday:(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Good luck to him and ouch about his wrist!

Sounds like he has had a very busy summer [​IMG]

3. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    On our way to set up exhibit hall:)

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Wow Luv! He sounds like an awesome boy! It's good that he has many different interests....alot of boys don't want to cook, bake or do things like that. Poor guy.....kids are so resiliant though--bet he'll handle the showing just fine!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    How exciting!

6. toejam

toejam Never enough birds

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    the wrist wont be as bad as you think. I broke my thumb and tore the tendon in it and i didnt have much problems at fair this year. Good luck at fair! What breeds are the hens?

7. tigerkitten45

tigerkitten45 Songster

Feb 22, 2010
    NH
    Luvchicks8, which fair is this?? I would love to be able to go to one, so far haven't been able to get to any!

8. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Quote:belknap county fair in Laconia nh Sat and Sunday, the birds are a black cochin, partidge cochin, and an easter egger.

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Cochin - I have some bantams - Millie and Silver Laced - so I am really pulling for him with his Cochins.

Not that I don't wish him the best in everything, just Cochins are close to my heart.

10. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Thanks he finished his cake tonight he wanted to make a cow so I gave him the pans, ingreidients and pic. When looking at it you have to think 3d kinda the round in the middle is his nose area above (look crooked but still great job) are the eyes ears at top and 2 feet at bottom. For a 9 year old boy I say [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: