My Sons' New Pet???

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by thepromise, Sep 18, 2010.

1. thepromise

thepromise Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2010
    Orange County
    I have Three son's Christopher (7), Nathaniel (5) and Gabriel (3). We live on a 1 1/2 acre farm area, so we have plenty of room for raising animals! My partner and I raise Chickens & Ducks along with some cocker spaniels. Well it was about 2pm today when my youngest son Gabriel, comes up to me and tells me his older brothers wont let him feed their pet! In my mind im thinking they are feeding Puppet; our cocker spaniel who is pregnat. I go out to the backyard and my two older boys run out from behind the chicken coop. I realize that Puppet is in the house sleeping on the couch! [​IMG] So i walk behind the coop, and my boys try to distract me.... so as a parent you know somethings up! I see the trash can, we use to dump the animal feces in. I look in and see this thing and find out my boys have been feeding it for the past three days!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Aww, how adorable. It doesn't look like it could hurt a fly! [​IMG]

3. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Oh my! Those things are so ugly.
    Boys will be boys!

4. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    [​IMG] I would put the bucket in the truck and take it for a ride and dump it out far enough so it cannot find it's way back LOL [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  5. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    Quote:i always thought they were cute.... [​IMG]

6. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    H - E - Double hockey sticks, no. I've had them in my house twice (long stories, old houses), up close and personal. They were ugly. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Quote:Same here! Unless it's injured, in which case I'd take it to a wildlife rehab group.

I can't believe your boys were hiding that, though! Good thing you discovered it, I doubt it would have lived too long in their care. Not to mention of course that they could've gotten hurt caring for it!

8. denim deb

denim deb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Those things are nasty! I'd much rather see pics of your cocker. That's my favorite breed of dog.

9. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    ew, that thing looks nasty! and he could sick or something if hes letting them get that close... id let him go, tak him and dump him somewhere far away, and/or take him to a wildlife place or something, that thing looks vicious, good thing you discovered him, id get rid of that thing asap! lolz

10. thepromise

thepromise Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2010
    Orange County
    Quote:Same here! Unless it's injured, in which case I'd take it to a wildlife rehab group.

I can't believe your boys were hiding that, though! Good thing you discovered it, I doubt it would have lived too long in their care. Not to mention of course that they could've gotten hurt caring for it!

Haha... Yep, that what i did. I shuffled this little pest into one of the dog crates and drove it out into the woods 25 miles from where we live! But my boys where complaining they never get to have any pets! [​IMG] Hello we have three cocker spaniels; and one of them is having puppies. And we just bought the boys three rabbits. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. Yet they still say they never get to keep anything! LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by