My speckled sussex rooster named Mack...Warning! Pic heavy!

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
I posted this in justino's rooster contest thread, but I just had to show him off some more in my own thread. Once again, pardon the mess- the bottle for screws and all the wood around- I have been building a run onto my coop.

DSCI0468.jpg

DSCI0464.jpg

DSCI0466.jpg

DSCI0451.jpg

DSCI0447.jpg

AS with most English breeds, I absolutely adore them. those are so nice and large. Congrats on such great birds.

Hey there Buster.....Do you happen to have a pic of him when he was around 7-8weeks old????
Got myself two and still trying to determine boy/girl...
Thanks
smile.png

Unfortunately I don't have pics of him when he was that young because I got him when he was 11 months old. Sorry. If you can, please post pics of yours so I can determine when my first ones come along!
smile.png

Beaufitful boy. I have 4-5 roos running around here. Only one is show-worthy, though. Your bird is handsome; but he's got far too much white on him to be a showbird. There should be two parallel lines of speckles on the wing, too.

But, if you're like me, it makes no difference and I love my birds. I just got really emberassed with my sussex last year thinking "more speckles the better" and the judge set me straight.
lol.png

Quote:
Thanks greyfields. I know that he has too much white on him, but he was about the best of the 11 month old birds I had to choose from. I picked him because he was huge and nice looking. I am hoping to work on breeding more white out of him and making them more true to form. A couple of my hens have closer to the colors I am looking for. I have just hatchery birds right now, but I plan on making them better with time and I also am looking for some other lines to improve with.

Regardless of that, I think they are just beautiful! The rooster has somewhat of an attitude but I didn't get him as a chick. The hens are among our favorites- they are pretty and have great personalities.

Buster here are my Speckled sussex..... the one with the larger comb and waddles is suppose to be a she
roll.png

But if you look at it's sibling.... the comb and waddles are barley there at the same age..... what do you think???
hmm.png

These pics are at 6 weeks and 7 weeks old.

morechickies4-16-0813.jpg

Newerandolderchicks4-4-088.jpg

Chicks74and2wks22-1.jpg

Chicks74and2wks39-1.jpg

Chicks74and2wks38-1.jpg

Chicks74and2wks33.jpg

Back
Top Bottom