My Specklehen Babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by FLF, Dec 13, 2007.

1. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    I am so thrilled with my babies! Now if only I could tell them apart LOL...

They are (I think, since my calender with thier hatch date is at home) a week and a half, to two weeks, old.

My Amercaunas (both Silvers):
    Number 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Number 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and My Blue Orp/Buff Brahamas (the HARDIEST chicks in the world):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my Orp Brahmas has a very prominent comb, I am hoping he's my boy and the rest are girls!

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    They are so adorable!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Debbie, they look great! Those babies that Suede and Caroline produce do seem to be very vigorous, so much so that I just put three of them into my own bator for the very first time today. Love the feathered legs! And I'm glad you're pleased with them.

4. CountryFresh

CountryFresh Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Aww how cute....

5. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    I am definately more then pleased. Especially having the eggs coming from Ga to Pa!

Ones of thos Orp x's has super thick legs, the diameter of a Bic pen.

Both my Ameracaunas look black now, originally one seemed blueish. My favorite of all of them, is the little Amercauna with the white on her face. Her mebrane dried out a bit, so I had to give her a bit of a hand. We really bonded [​IMG]

It's just amazing how sturdy the Orp X's are! Talk about Hybrid vigor. I swear one hatched in about 10 minutes from pip to totally out, and they dried and fluffed super fast as well. I got four feathered legged and 1 clean legged, plus the two (obviously) clean legged Amercaunas.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I noticed those really thick legs-is it the same one with the big comb? Funny about those babies, though-Adam hatched out some and the first one was a tank of a chick with huge legs We jokingly referred to it as Sumo-Chick, LOL. That one turned out to be a PULLET!

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    FLF, yes those Caroline chicks are super hardy. I'm glad Speckledhen is finally doing a few for herself. Maybe we should make them a new breed, and call them.....Brahmingtons?
    (added) From the two little roos I have, they both showed their sex very early. I had an idea at about a week, and at 2 weeks, I was pretty sure. Now there's no doubt. One of them sits on a perch watching over his little flock, and he is quite a gentleman. I swore I wouldn't get attached to any roos, TOO LATE!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  8. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    I hope the one's I'm getting in the spring are that cute! Those are very pretty chicks, I'm sure you and Cyn are so proud!

9. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    Those chicks sure do look healthy. So cute too.

10. SillyChick

SillyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Adorable! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by