My Sportsman is PEEPING !!!

greentree

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
OMG!!!
I woke up this A.M. and my incubator is talking!!!

I had to leave town early Thursday to go to a funeral, and got home yesterday. I moved the eggs to the bottom before I left, and had DS put the sponge in on Friday. I did not get to check in the humidity until last night!! It was my best guess whether it was good or not, since I had never done it before!!

This first one is zipped, but I think I hear more peeping...

I ordred a clear door(mine is older, and doesn't even have a WINDOW), but it will not be here till NEXT week!!!

Come on ,little chickies!!

Nancy

donnap1967

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Northern NJ
The suspense must be killing you not being able to see in there.

I know I couldn't keep my eyes of the incubator for the last couple days.

How many do you have in there?

Go little chickies...Go!!

greentree

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
It IS killing me!!!!
I keep putting my ear up there!!

I got the one Cochin chick out, and the first Dominique is peeping now!! He was zipped earlier...

There are 19 Dominique, and 8 Cochins, plus I just added 14 blue/ blue wheaton Ameraucanas!!

My first hatch ever is actually working!!
:yiipchick:yiipchick

Nancy

greentree

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
I now have 5 Doms and 2 Cochins, and the bator is talking again!!

It is sooo exciting!! I am sure some of the thrill wears off after a few hatches, right?

I wish more of the Cochin eggs looked pipped, but I am TRYING not to look in there!!

Does anyone know the sexing pattern for the Doms?

Nancy

tat2edlady

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Greentree you asked?
It is sooo exciting!! I am sure some of the thrill wears off after a few hatches, right?

Nope never does only gets worse. LOL

Mindy

and congrats on the new chicks

ncgnance

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Iredell County, NC
The thrill NEVER wears off!! That's why I have 25 babies at home and 31 eggs in my incubator 5 hours away from home where I'm working. I have never experienced this kind of addiction and I just can't help myself. Someone said that rigor mortis is the only cure....I believe it..

greentree

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
Quote:Oooo, I am in big trouble!! I knew the chickens were addicting and getting me in trouble, and now hatching, too????!!! I hear the moving van as my husband packs his things.......LOL

I have about 14 Doms and 8 Cochins!! I can't believe all the Cochins hatched!!! They came from a show breeder, and he wanted me to trim their butt feathers to make better contact, but I never got around to it!! I had better fertility with them than the Doms.

Thanks, everyone!!

Nancy

Top Bottom