My Standard Cochin Roo Rocks! *Cute Story*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bec, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I went out this morning to check on some eggs that i was expecting to pip any time now (which they did [​IMG]) Everyday when I come down off of the deck, my lovely Blue Hen rooster Ceasar greets me in a not so nice way. So I walk across the yard with him doing his "I'ma gonna get you" dance beside me. I get to the coop and close the gate behind me, went in, saw the new little pippies and then came back out. Here come Ceasar...again. This has gotten to be a routine. I start walking back up to the house and every time I turned, that bugger tried to get me. So I turned around and swatted at him.
    Next thing you know, here comes my hero, Boss. [​IMG] He comes running across the yard, you could just hear the heavy base drums as he ran with his big ol' self across the yard. Just as Ceasar comes at me again, Boss jumps in between and chased Ceasar all the way back to the coop. Boss turned around and looked at me as if he were saying "There ya go mom, I took care of him for you" as he let out a big crow!
    I swear, from the day I got him I have loved him like no other! I call him my meant to be baby. When I was looking for a good roo, I tried everything to get just 1 good Standard Partridge cochin, but everything fell through. The local feed store said they would order some and get me a boy, never did. Tractor Supply ordered, but ordered Partridge Rocks. Then sure enough, I got a PM from Marlinchaser. He had picked Boss up at TSC out of the pullet bin and he turned out to be a boy! So Boss then came to live here when he was 8 weeks old. He will be 2 soon and he is the BEST rooster ever!

That's my story for the day [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. lcw

lcw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    Im getting a Standard Cochin Roo in April from McMurray. A Black one. Hopefully mine is as nice as yours. I don't have any roosters that dare to attack me but maybe this roo will be awesome in other ways.

3. Bec

Boss is my first cochin roo and he is by far the best roo I have ever had! I hope you have the same experience that I have had with mine!

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww Boss is such a good boy!!!!! YAY!!!!

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    oooh awwww pictures of Boss...I have yet to fine a great buddy like that...

6. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Aww, too cute! [​IMG]

7. Bec

Here's my baby!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]