My stepfather has lung cancer- prayers please

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by tabsmonsters, Aug 24, 2010.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Just found out my stepdad has fast growing lung cancer. He is having tests done to see how bad it is and if it has spread. I guess technically he isn't my stepdad anymore as he and my mom divorced in Dec. but this was the man that helped me when I needed it without question, was there when my dad couldn't be, and held me like a baby when my DH (then DB) broke my heart.

I am just at a loss. My mom is there with him, his two kids are deadbeats and the same day he found out about the cancer, they were at the hospital nagging him on what he was going to do with his stuff, who was getting what, etc. Neither one of them will do what they can to help out, my sister lives in the same town but is a single working mom with 3 kids, and I am thousands of miles away. I just can't believe it.

This is exactly what I feared about moving here. I just felt like something was going to happen to someone in my family and I am too far away to be of much help. I haven't even told my kids about their PawPaw yet.

Just please, if you pray say a prayer for Ronnie and his family.

Thanks

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Hugs and prayers!

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    You have my prayers
    My mom passed from it four years ago -it is heart-wrenching,to say the least

4. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll be praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Prayers said...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by