My still a mystery colour cochin/pekin

chooketychook

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2013
Shropshire

Hiya I posted a pic of my pekin a few weeks back and her colour caused abit of confusion,I thought id let her grow a few more feathers and post again.
Im so confused she us the most beautiful compact pekin I have ever seen the picture upload on here and give her no justice here feathers are a really strong shiny ginger/gold but not like laced feathers and her beak is even gold/brass almost like you have used nail polish on the tip.
I really want more like her or breed her or something I just wouldnt know where to start,can anyone guess her genetic make up,she is honestly the most differant pekin ive ever seen,many thanks.

Her color is actually really common in the Easter Egger breed, it shows up in all sorts of other breeds too but I don't think there's a name for this pattern yet. However, you could describe her pattern as golden penciled and people would have some idea of what she looks like.

It's a color indicating mixed heritage--parents were different colors. What colors, I can't say, sorry. Maybe one of those genetics folks will happen by.

Thanks you guys,I guess she will just be my special forever pet,ive seen partridge pekins with that pattern but not come across that pattern/colour combo im starting to think shes red/partridge cross

Back
Top Bottom