1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My story

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sophiesmith, Feb 9, 2013.

1. sophiesmith

sophiesmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2012
    Van Wert, OH
    I am writing this cause I am bored and I love reading storys about other people. My name is Sophie Smith. I love chickens and turkeys. I had raised chickens for about a year. Currently I live in Mississippi . I learned a lot about chickens in one year. We have no chickens in MS. We are getting a coop on amazon and building on it. My mom and me will make a garden to put vegetables in it so the chickens have treats. I will spend my allowance on seeds. I can not wait for the spring when the chicks come.[​IMG]

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  2. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    What kind of chicks are you getting ?
    I have 14 bantam cochins and 18 silkies all in assorted colors. I just love feather legged chickens :)
    Cant wait to see pics of your new chicks

3. sophiesmith

Aug 11, 2012
    Van Wert, OH
    I don't know yet but I would love feather legged ones.

4. sophiesmith

Aug 11, 2012
    Van Wert, OH
    They should be here by 1 week - 2 weeks.

5. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    That is so exciting. Hope you get some feather legs with your order. If not maybe you can get a few later.
    My rooster hurt his foot yesterday so I brought him inside to have a look. While he was standing in my kitchen sink he started crowing really loud. My mom thought it was funny so she took some pictures of him crowing. I put some medicine on his toe and put him back in with his hens. He was really happy then and started flapping his wings and crowing again

6. sophiesmith

Aug 11, 2012
    Van Wert, OH
    Happy he is feeling better

7. That is so cool! You have got to post pictures of you chickens when you get them! I'd love to see them. <3 I have 7 hens. I used to have 9 but 2 of my brahmas died. They were fluffy feet chickens. one was fluffy and the other was angel. Named based on the personality and looks. [​IMG] So I hope you have a great time with your chicks, they're a hand full!

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Chicks on the way! Yay!

9. stephensc7146

stephensc7146 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    Sounds like some Silkies would be great for you. I'm expecting 3 silkies out of my order of 30 tomorrow. Glad you are enjoying the chicken world! builds a good sense of responsibility and it's great having something to care for!

10. sophiesmith

Aug 11, 2012
    Van Wert, OH
    I will see if they have silkies anywhere close to us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by