My Stove Died

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Birch Run Farm, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I am unable to fix it this time. Parts are actually burnt up and I also believe there are bad caps or resistors in the circuit board.

I did not realize who much money a new stove costs. I would like to put a propane stove in as a replacement and wow, sticker shock!

What's worse is I have 20 gallons of sap to boil yet. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

You might check Craigslist if you cant swing the cost of a new one right now. New stoves are very expensive!

3. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Ann, it's too hot for a stove. I'm running my air conditioner. LOL
    On a serious note my SIL got a propane heater last fall that is super efficient. He heated their Double wide all winter with just a couple of 20 gallon tanks of propane. I'll get some details as soon as he is home today.

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:If you need something fast and fairly cheap to boil your sap, you may want to get an outdoor propane burner, like the ones used for the turkey and fisk friers. They work great, and will get you by in pinch and are usable for lots of other types of cooking!

5. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I am probably going to have to go that route to finish my syrup. My now broken stove is electric and I have never liked them for cooking anyway.

Gary,

I can't picture AC already, I still have a lot of snow (+1 foot) on the ground but it is 60+ degrees here today so the snow is going fast.

6. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Ann, check out the Masters Tournament next week. Thats what my weather will be like, I'm 30 minutes away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by