My suprise rooster!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SoccerMomof7, Jan 12, 2009.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Okay I had a rooster and hen just show up at my coop door one day anybody know what they are? I know it's a bantam, but that's it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Lemon blue old english game bantam BTW.. if you want more info

-They're developed by crossing a brown red with a blue..

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  3. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Wow that's a long name for a chicken. He's really pretty but mean as nails! He attacks me from behind, drew blood on my DH and tried to attack my oldest DS!

4. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I can't find any pictures of other ones with that name are they known by anything else?

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    The game birds came be aggressive...who knows how the little guy was raised.

Beautiful newcomers though.

6. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Please dont sterotype games [​IMG] all breeds can be agressive. no matter what they're names/colors are. even the most known ones for being nice (BOs and silkies. )

7. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Well if this chicken come from where I think it come from then they are pretty much wild. The yard of the people looks like a salvage yard. I don't know though, my DH just put the little guy in the kitty carrier and it going to find out if it is his after he tried to attack my 4 yr old. I am not taking the chicken experience from the kids, that is the whole reason I justified getting chickens. I was in the coop gathering eggs and he flew out right at Konnor who was probably 20 feet from the coop just watching me. Oh he's already home, nobody must have been home.

8. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:that little fella isn't too bad of type really. he has his faults but from what i see hes not too bad

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Please dont sterotype games [​IMG] all breeds can be agressive. no matter what they're names/colors are. even the most known ones for being nice (BOs and silkies. )

I was speaking from experience with them...had she asked about a RIR roo I would have said the same thing. Of course all can be aggressive but some tend to be that way moreso than others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by