My surprise egg hatch round 1

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bonmur, May 3, 2009.

1. bonmur

bonmur Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2009
    Utah
    I wanted to test out my bator so gamebirds only sent me an assortment of eggs. They started hatching on friday and I think they are finished.
    I had 15 eggs, 2 were damaged in shipping so I started with 13 eggs. candled and 1 for sure was clear, was left with 12. there were 3 that I could not see clearly enough so i left them in but was pretty sketchy about them/
    Friday the little black bantam hatched then 5 more hatched. there are still 6 in the bator but I dont think there is anything going on in them they were developing but a few look like they quit early and the others I cant see thrhough.
    So this is what I got.
    I do not know for sure what any pf them are . I little bantam didnt make it though the night but there are sure some cuties in there.
    I have another batch that will begin on Wednesday.
    [​IMG]
    Looky at it soooo cute
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aww,,,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Cool chicks! I like the black on with the white "fro"! [​IMG]

3. jaredslilcluckers

jaredslilcluckers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2009
    they are cute:jumpy

4. bonmur

Apr 7, 2009
    Utah
    Yeah they area ll sweet. My fave so far is the little black banty. He is so friendly and loves attention. He is full of his self and doesnt realize he is half the size of the others.
    gamebirdsonly if youa re out there , do any of these guys look familiar? LOL.. I am a chick newbie so I really do not know for sure what they are or could be.

5. newdock

newdock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    British Columbia
    I have read that you shouldn't have babies on newspaper as it is too slippery and can cause leg problems. I use paper towels instead.

Cute babies! I love the naked neck...I've always wanted one of those [​IMG]

6. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Cute, very cute!

7. Over Easy in Adna

Over Easy in Adna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Adna Washington
    Quote:Drive south on I-5 for a while and you can save one of my roos from the freezer.

8. bonmur

Apr 7, 2009
    Utah
    I have read that you shouldn't have babies on newspaper as it is too slippery and can cause leg problems

This was just their little holding pen they were only in there for about 30 minutes They are in another little brooder pen . I just had them in there while I was finishing putting the other in our porch and getting it all set up. Newspaper was only for a few to keep that tub clean for a short while.
    Bon​

9. bonmur

Apr 7, 2009
    Utah
    Ok so here is out Possibilities.. The little dark one with the yellow on his face and chest looks langshan, the naked could be a turken/arucana due to the possible appearance of ear tufts. The black with the white topknot either a polish or a houdan, the other little chick looks just like the first one and has feathered feet. So I think he is the same as the other black/yellow one. and the black bantam ,silky..
    Oh and they all came from brown eggs except for the black with topknot ,., he was in a white egg,
    bon

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  10. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    Why cant i have a silike???? [​IMG] Very very very cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by